The day began bright and early at the time of 6 IN THE MORNING! WHAT THE HECK! YES I GOT UP AT 6AM unfortunately this is true I missed out on the normal routine of sleeping until 12 in the afternoon. Oh well, now to the part where I had a wonderful day in the English countryside.
Barely made it to the bus on time and did not get any coffee :(, no I am not complaining I just enjoy a great cup of coffee like the one that a small little booth outside of our school sells, the company's name is Sacred but no one cares but me and I have no idea why? FOOLS DRINK IT!!! Back on subject, the drive was awesome I enjoyed the green scenery it was a change up from the grey concrete that has formed a massive city called London. Saw a horse some sheep, the usual English countryside stuff. Finally we got the cottage where William Shakespeare's wife grew up, her name is Anne Hathaway. The thing I found most interesting was that houses in the area still have thatched roofs! It has a very country old fashioned feel to it. The cottage was awesome, kinda small but made you feel like you had gone back in time.
Next came his burial site. We went to the church were he was buried along with his wife. The fact that he actually was buried there slightly makes you think, so that one guy who wrote plays I never understood and stuff was real? Haha no I am kidding again as you will notice in this post.
Shakespeare's home town is actually very quaint with a river running through the town, old houses, bricks and all the stuff you might imagine in the English countryside. It is hard to explain, but there was a feeling of the old meets the new. Of course the town is a tourist trap of course with shops to spend money at as well for no real reason. But then in the middle of it all is an old house, the house that Shakespeare would have grown up in. His dad was a glover and made gloves, as well as being a part of an illegal wool operation, he also became mayor of Stratford at one time but then he got caught selling his wool and no more power :(. That is just a little tidbit of Shakespeare's history and there is a lot more if you are interested in his life...try Wikipedia.
Well that's all I have for my trip to Shakespeare's birth place until next time,
Cheers!
P.S
With all sincerity I did enjoy the day had some pasties with friends and a milkshake. The surrounding area was actually very beautiful as I mentioned before, with cottages and green fields. The day was great and I had an amazing time.
I also bought a quill pen thing it is legit!
ReplyDeleteNo one reads this im commenting on my own blog hahahhahahahahahhahahaha
ReplyDeleteDylan texted me to have me guess where you'd been- finally figured out you were in Stratford. We are both extremely jealous. Especially as I am reading "King Lear" and "The Merchant of Venice" for my English class and can't believe you got to visit the place where the genius behind those plays was born!
ReplyDeleteHowever, though I am envious of your opportunities, I am glad that you are having them. Sounds like you are seeing many sites and learning a lot. Until I am able to travel myself to that splendid country, I shall have to live vicariously through your experiences.